The Postharvest Horticulture and Research Center Library is a specialized library of the University on postharvest of horticultural crops (fruits, vegetables, ornamentals, and medicinal as well as herbs used in fresh form). It has the largest collection of library materials on this subject matter in the Philippines and possibly among most Southeast Asian countries.
It provides services and materials to support programs of instruction, research and extension, not only of its own researchers and extension officers and the faculty members of the university but also of those of other government and private institutions.
The library plays an important role in the storage and retrieval of information related to postharvest handling and storage and other cognate subjects such as production of crops of importance to the country as well as the ASEAN region. Hence, it is also a rich source of teaching materials for instruction and training on postharvest science and technologies.
While the library has no budget allotment, it has nonetheless continued to acquire library materials through the open e-resources requests for latest reprints and books on postharvest and other related fields. Its collection includes journal articles; books and other library materials including theses, e-books, etc.
- Farmers attend FAO & PHTRC sponsored training on postharvest handling
- Library staff attends PLAI Congress 2019
- PHTRC researchers and staff celebrates 2019 NBW
- UPLB Library upskills staff on 'Technological Innovations'
- UP System Librarians convene for '2018 Librarians' Summit'
- CAFS Library Committee joins book selection at 39th MIBF
- PHTRC Library partners with CAFS Library Committee on its 1st ILP
- Librarians attend training on 'Developing a Publication Strategy'
- 2018 Library Planning Workshop and Team Building
- 34th Manila International Book Fair